VOLUNTEER WITH SUMMIT
Summit Academy OIC is the perfect place to make a lasting impact on your community!
We’ve got a variety of opportunities to suit your schedule, from once-a-week commitments to just a few times each year. The amount of time you spend is up to you!
Not only will you learn more about Summit Academy and its mission, but you’ll get to know our students and can positively affect their lives.
Where are YOU most interested in helping?
- Our Summit Prep program, where you can tutor students in math or language arts once/week (long-term)
- Our Career Services department, where you can conduct mock interviews, help with cover letters and/or resumés, or participate in our Career Fairs
- Our Best Buy Teen Tech Center, where you can help teens learn and utilize computers, 3D printers, music and film production equipment, etc.
- The Northside STEM District, where you can help community children with fun, hands-on STEM activities
- Our Brown Bag lunch seminars, where students learn about life and career skills, and become familiar with resources in our community
- Our Advisory Committees, where you can help Summit devise long-term strategic planning solutions
Contact Volunteer Coordinator Bianca Williams-Ford at email@example.com or call 612-424-6723 for more information about becoming a Summit volunteer!
“My favorite thing about volunteering at Summit is that it’s an optimistic organization that helps students believe in themselves. I love the upbeat, can-do vibe of Summit. I leave Summit each Thursday with a smile on my face inspired by students who are working hard to make it happen for themselves.”
“I love working with the students, identifying their strengths and weaknesses, and trying to help push them ahead in the areas where they need the most help. But, mostly, I find that I usually learn more from them than they do from me. I have gained tremendous respect for the students; motivation, drive, and willingness to overcome adversity.”
Are you looking for volunteer opportunities for your staff? Summit has several events and activities that might suit your organization.
In addition, you can “Double Your Donation” by matching hours donated by your employees.
Reach out to Sarah Armstrong at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 612-278-7363 to learn more, or to share your own ideas!
“One of my favorite things about Summit is seeing the proud faces of students moving about the school, and the new self-esteem they beam with at their graduations.”