There are so many nonprofits to choose from when it comes to deciding where to donate. Here are just a few reasons why your donation to Summit will make a big impact:
- All training and services are NO COST TO STUDENTS! Grants and donations like yours cover the cost of tuition, textbooks, and affordable meals.
- Your support helps Summit provide training for industry-specific programs in high demand job fields like Construction, Healthcare, and IT.
- We meet students where they are at when they enter Summit’s doors and supply them with the tools they need for success, including discount bus passes, professional development luncheons, mock interviews, and resume workshops.
Preparing the workers of today, tomorrow, and the future for high growth careers.
- Summit is innovative and results driven; our 10-week GED program has a pass rate of 85% — higher than the national average! Since launching the program, we have awarded more than 200 GEDs.
- Summit provides financial literacy training, structured tutoring, and lifetime career services.
- Summit breaks down barriers for people of color in each industry
- African Americans currently represent less than 3% of the IT workforce
- People of color make up only 5% of Minnesota’s construction industry
- 17% of healthcare employees in Minnesota are non-white
- Our training programs lead to successful career pathways. More than 80% of our career placements are within the student’s field of study. By working with our Industry Advisory Council, we are able to meet local employer job needs.
- The majority of Summit students nearly triple their annual salary upon program completion and job placement.
- Summit empowers our students to take charge of their lives and make positive changes for themselves and their families.
- Alongside community partners, Summit is working to increase our impact by starting community STEM programs for children and teens in Pre-K through grade 12